April 12, 2020
I hope that you and all your family continue to stay safe and well, whether they are here in Bangladesh or in another place in the world.
I wanted to provide the latest update from Cambridge Assessment International Education, which I know will be of particular concern for parents of exam candidates.
The Update provides an indication of Cambridge’s intention to provide grades for students unable to sit for A level, AS Level and O Level in May/June 2020. It is clear that they want to be as fair as possible to students and also to ensure that certificates will hold the same value as for any other year. They have indicated that schools should start to ‘consider the evidence they will be able to gather’ to support Cambridge in allocating grades for A Level, AS Level and O Level subjects.
Cambridge has also said that they will update schools on regular basis about the process for this.
We are announcing to the students or to the parents of to ascertain whether;
- You want your child to be awarded a certificate by Cambridge in this way, or
- You want your child to be withdrawn from the May/June series of exams, with the option to sit for a later exams series.
Please consider what you think is in the best interests of your child.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Please stay safe.
With all good wishes
Margarita Maria Santana
- Evidence based assessment explanation
- Letter to Cambridge Learners and Families
- Grade Graphic
- Awarding Grades Factsheet